What's the fat content of your cooking ingredients?
Compare and see how nutritious your favorite recipes can be when you substitute with Dannon Yogurt!
- Replace the sour cream in many cakes with DANNON® Plain or Natural Flavors Vanilla yogurt varieties. Add 1 teaspoon of baking soda to dry ingredients with leavening called for in recipe.
- In your favorite muffin or coffee cake recipe, replace sour cream with DANNON Plain yogurt, cup for cup.
- As a topping for tacos, fajitas, gazpacho, chili and other Mexican specialties, replace sour cream with a dollop of DANNON Plain yogurt.
- Top baked potatoes with 2 tablespoons DANNON Plain yogurt instead of sour cream and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of chives and 2 tsp. bacon bits.
- For a party dip, replace sour cream with 1/2 cup DANNON Plain yogurt and blend with 1/2 cup ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup chopped herbs and salt and pepper.
- In potato or macaroni salads, replace 1/2 the amount of sour cream with DANNON Plain yogurt.
- To garnish bean soups or chili, use 1 tablespoon of DANNON Plain yogurt per serving instead of 1 tablespoon of sour cream.
- Use yogurt cheese instead of cream cheese! To make yogurt cheese, line a colander or large strainer with a coffee filter. Place the colander or strainer in a large bowl. Spoon DANNON Plain yogurt into the lined colander. Cover and place in the refrigerator and let drip for 24 hours to form yogurt cheese. One pint of yogurt yields about one cup of cheese.
- For a luscious cheesecake, replace 1 1/2 lb. cream cheese with 6 cups DANNON Plain yogurt that has been drained for several hours
- In potato or macaroni salads, replace 1/2 the amount of mayonnaise with DANNON Plain yogurt.
- To replace mayonnaise in tuna or chicken salads, blend 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard with 1 cup of DANNON Plain yogurt; salt and pepper to taste. Add herbs if desired.
- Instead of using whipped cream to top cakes, puddings, and mousses, use 1-2 tablespoons of Dannon Vanilla lowfat yogurt or DANNON Light & Fit Vanilla nonfat yogurt.